Here at Jetpack HQ we’ve been working hard over the last few weeks, finishing up a major update for Jetpack: we’re calling it Jetpack 1.2.
Among other highlights for this release are two of the most frequently requested features: support for Google+ in the Sharing toolbar and Email subscriptions, a feature which lets your readers get every single post on your blog direct to their email inbox.
Other new features and enhancements include:
- Email subscriptions to your blog
- Improved UI for showing new and updated Jetpack features
- Better support for other languages
- Smarter and safer Jetpack upgrades
- New Shortcodes for VideoPress & Google Maps
- Added LinkedIn and Google+ buttons to Sharing UI
- Image Widget
- RSS Links Widget
- If you have an earlier version of Jetpack: go to Dashboard->Updates. If Jetpack isn’t listed, click the Check Again button (it may take a few minutes for Jetpack 1.2 to appear).
- Or, go to your Dashboard. Under Plugins, click “Add New”. Type ‘Jetpack’ into the search field.
- Or if you prefer to do it manually download the latest version here. For Support, go here.
Greetings Jetpack users. Apologies that its been so long since our last update, but most of the issues we’ve discovered the last weeks were minor. Here they are all together in the latest bug fix release: Jetpack 1.1.3. And yes, bigger releases with more features are in the works, but it would break 1.1.3′s little heart to use its announcement post to talk about future releases.
In addition to fixing a few minor bugs, Jetpack 1.1.3 includes 14 new translations! Many thanks to all our translators.
Jetpack 1.1.3 includes the following improvements and fixes:
- Increased compatibility with WordPress 3.2.
- Increased compatibility with Admin Bar.
- Stats: Improved performance when creating new posts.
- Fix: Twitter Widget: Fix PHP Notice.
- Fix: Sharedaddy: Fix PHP Warning.
- AtD: Add proofread button to Distraction Free Writing screen.
- Translations: Added: Bosnian, Danish, German, Finnish, Galician, Croatian, Indonesian, Macedonian, Norwegian (Bokmål), Russian, Slovak, Serbian, Swedish
- Translations: Updated: Spanish, French, Italian, Japanese, Brazilian Portuguese, Portuguese
To update Jetpack: go to Dashboard->Updates. If Jetpack isn’t listed, click the Check Again button (it may take a few minutes for Jetpack 1.1.3 to appear).
Or manually download the latest version here. For Support, go here.
We are back with more Jetpack goodness for you. Over the last few weeks, we’ve closely monitored new and old jetpacks and have, with surgical and space age precision, patched several important issues.
Jetpack 1.1.2 includes fixes for:
- Fixes for all “timestamp is too old” errors (generated by difference between your server and wordpress.com servers)
- Fixes for many “register_http_request_failed” errors caused by hosts making https requests, without verifying SSL certificates.
- Smarter fallback behavior when WordPress.com is experiencing problems.
- After The Deadline: fixed several settings storage issues.
- Stats: Better handling of old statistics data.
- Twitter Widget: improved time/date formatting, and timeout error handling.
- Gravatar Hovercards: Improved visuals for Windows browsers.
- Share This: improved localization for Facebook Like button.
- Slightly improved experience for RTL languages. We plan on further improving the RTL experience in Jetpack 1.2.
When you’re strapped in and ready, go to the plugin directory to download Jetpack 1.1.2 or get the zip right here.
We’ve been busy since our launch last week studying and following up on every issue reported for 1.1. As you might imagine, there have been problems specific to particular hosting providers and it takes time to carefully diagnose and fix these complex issues. And today, we’re proud and happy to release 1.1.1 for your jetpacking pleasure.
If you’ve had problems with 1.1, we’re sorry about that. And we’re confident 1.1.1 will solve many of your complaints.
Among other minor fixes, 1.1.1 includes:
- Fixes for many “Your Jetpack has a glitch. Connecting this site with WordPress.com is not possible.” errors.
- PHP4 compatibility for Stats (ShareDaddy disabled appropriately).
- Improved error messages.
- Improve CSS styling.
- Corrected permalink handling for Stats Server for improved per post permalink calculation.
- Screen Options and Help links available during Jetpack call to connect.
- Improved performance of LaTeX URLs using cookieless CDN.
If none of that makes any sense to you, don’t worry, be happy. It’s all good news.
You can download Jetpack 1.1.1 now.