Are you having trouble with Jetpack or one of its components? If so, here are a few key steps that can help you solve the problem.
- Check if the error you received is listed on this page. If it is, you can follow the instructions there to solve the issue.
- Disable all other plugins, then try connecting or using Jetpack. If Jetpack starts connecting or working properly, turn your plugins back on one-by-one until you start seeing the error again. Then note the plugin that caused this error and get in touch with us. Sometimes Jetpack and other plugins are incompatible; just let us know and we’ll see what we can do.
- If you are having a display issue, or the plugin step above doesn’t help, try activating Twenty Eleven or Twenty Twelve (one of the default WordPress themes) as your theme. Then try again. If your action starts working, something in your theme is likely broken and you should get in touch with your theme’s author. Be sure to let them know the troubleshooting steps that you have tried.
- Check your XMLRPC file. You can do this by going to your web site URL and adding “/xmlrpc.php” to the end (without the quotes). When it loads in your browser, you should see “XML-RPC server accepts POST requests only.” on a line by itself.
- If you see this message, but it is not on a line by itself, a theme or plugin is displaying extra characters when it shouldn’t. See points 2 and 3 above for debugging steps.
- If you get an 404 Error Not Found message, contact your web host. They may have security in place that is blocking XML-RPC.
- If you’ve installed an SSL certificate on your domain and if WordPress.com can’t access your site via HTTPS, start by checking the status of your domain’s SSL certificate. If you can’t fix the SSL issues on your site, try adding the following to your site’s wp-config.php file to bypass the HTTPS check during the connection:
define( 'JETPACK_CLIENT__HTTPS', 'NEVER' );
- Check the Known Issues list and make sure you aren’t using a plugin or theme listed there.
- If you were using Development Mode, check your wp-config.php file and make sure that
define('JETPACK_DEV_DEBUG', true);is no longer present.
If you still have trouble after trying the above, don’t hesitate to send us an email!