This guide will show you how to add sharing buttons to your blog posts to give your readers the ability to easily share your content with Twitter, Facebook, and a host of other services, to help your message spread across the web.
Jetpack Sharing gives readers the tools to post your content to their networks from the bottom of each post and/or page. You can add this to your site in four short steps!
- Navigate to Settings –> Sharing in your site’s dashboard.
- Under Sharing Buttons, drag and drop the services you want to use into the Enabled Services area.
- Choose your preferred button style and where you would like the buttons to appear.
Need more details? Then read on!
Here’s a quick video to show you all the great things you can do with Sharing!
Adding to your Sharing Enabled Services is as simple as dragging the button from the Available Services area.You can configure services to appear as icons, text, or both.
Some services have an additional option letting you display ‘Official’ buttons that show the number of times the post has been shared in real time. Just choose your display option and drag the services you want displayed to the ‘Enable’ box.
The following services are currently supported:
- Press This (only available on sites that are part of a multisite network)
How can I move where the sharing icons are displayed?
By default, the sharing icons will display right at the bottom of your post’s content. Sometimes, you might want to move it elsewhere on your post, such as right before the content. Take a look at this tutorial for for help on how to do that.
How do I create my own custom sharing button?
You can add your own custom services by clicking on ‘Add a new service’. You will then be able to add the service name, a URL, and an icon (if you choose to display them).
For more details on setting up your own custom service, check out our Sharing Support Document.
How do I add a Captcha to the Email sharing button
The Email button is great, and you can make it even better by adding a Captcha to the submission form:
To add the Captcha to your site, follow the steps in this tutorial.
How do I use my own resources instead of Jetpack’s default sharing CSS and JS files
How do I add “via @username” to the tweets sent via the twitter button
There are 2 options to add your Twitter account to the end of each tweet:
- You can fill in the “Twitter Site Tag” option in Settings –> Sharing.
- If you use the Publicize module and connected a Twitter account, this account will be used in the Twitter sharing button.